Okay, so have I told you about my experience at the adorable french Cafe in San Diego? It is called Cafe 21.

I had already walked up and down 5th St. I moved my car to a 2h parking area to have more time to enjoy the scenery. It was a gorgeous day and a bit cool out. I was actually wearing my bathing suit with a cover up dress and my yellow hoodie. It's a bit short for a dress, I guess, but perfect for a cover up. Super comfy. I remember thinking if I ever came back to San Diego it would be fun to go to one of the restaurants. Plus, the food looked AMAZING. I had packed a lunch. I had already eaten the other half of my Trader Joe's salad from the day before with plans to eat an orange and other snacks I had packed in a little bit. Then, I decided to just stop at the cafe and order something. I could get some water, sit down and journal, and use the restroom while I was at it. So, I was looking at a menu outside when the waiter came up. He might have been gay? Or maybe just french;) His greeting: "Holla!!!" Ha! I will
have to impersonate him when I see you next week:) "Well, don't strangle your neck, take a look at that menu." Me: Smile. "I already know I want to eat here. May I sit outside?" Sure! I decided to order a crepe even though it was $11. It sounded amazing and I figured I would splurge since I was on vacation. I couldn't decide between the spinach and the turkey. I really wanted meat. I asked the waitress (also french) who offered to put spinach in my turkey crepe. Thanks! Fresh turkey, fresh pineapple, fresh mozerella, fresh spinach, topped with powdered sugar. And, to my surprise, THIS is what was presented to me...
Not one, but THREE, delicous crepes. I ate two out of three. When she asked how it was, I answered: Amazing!! If you are ever in San Diego, you absolutely must go there. Cafe 21 on 5th Street! It was a lovely afternoon. If I had more time I would have hit Balboa Park on my way out. Really, I think you need the whole day for that. Might be expensive anyway. Enjoy a few more pics of San Diego. I was learning the camera, so I do apologize....




I bought some souvenir chocolates from the Ghiradelli store. So much fun picking through so many different flavors.
2 comments:
Oh...my...goodness!!! I would love to go there! Thanks for the pics. The café is SO cute. And the crepes look/sound num!
About the title/waiter's greeting. I laughed when I saw it, but when I read the post, I'm not sure what he said. Did he greet you in Spanish or in gangsta? Spanish is Hola, and gangsta is Holla. :) :) Either way, sounds like quite a character. And you're so non-PC, sis! (Which I think is waaaaayy out of line in this country).
And how cool you went to Ghiradelli. Num again. I already liked them, but appreciate the company even more b/c they're GF. :)
Not Spanish... Californian! I was amused:) Yes, I know I'm not PC, but what are you referring to? Oh, the french comment. Didn't mean it to dog him. If you had heard him I think you would understand...
Post a Comment