Sunday, June 2, 2013

Going to the Chapel

Church rocked!! (As usual). So, after almost a year of meeting in the Methodist church's chapel (at 8:30 a.m!!) and then temporarily meeting at Calvary's old building, we are back in the chapel! I am so sad to have missed last's week first Sunday back. I heard it was amazing and the Holy Spirit so present. But, today was my first day back and it is so good to be there. The fun part about praying with the intercessors is getting to see the fruit of many, many prayers over many weeks. It makes ordinary things glorious and it is a pure joy! We had been given rocks before the move to represent God's movement and provision. We were to save them and bring them last Sunday. Well, not being around, I still have mine- which I only recently found. As I walked up to communion I wondered if I should bring mine in still even though it is too late. Then, I thought probably not. I could always keep it as a souvenir. I kind of wanted to keep it. Then, He reminded me how when we let go of things dear to us that it is in order to gain more of His life and He gives so abundantly. He took my fear from needing to hang onto this wonderful, amazing little church (I am talking of the people, not the building though it is adorable) that I love so much.
...All I want to do is lost myself in You. Lean back in Your arms and just let go. Let it be to me according to Your Word. Your ways are higher than mine... I want to know You. I want to hear Your voice. I want to know you more. I want to touch You. I want to see Your face. I want to know You more...
Mr. Robbie gave me a hug on his way back from communion. Thea squeezed my arm. After church little Harrison (2) stopped playing with his friends and ran across the yard to give me a bear hug and say hi and then went back to playing. So excited about the Beth Moore study to begin tomorrow. That also is a joy as it has been in our hearts for two years now to be in a bible study. After church I was talking to Thea who very well may be moving soon. I shared with her the story about the rock and letting go and we both got chills and hugged. I told her how it is really a blessing to love where you are so much that you don't want to leave when God calls you to the next place. I told her that is the story of my life and I am blessed by getting to know and love so many who are dear to me. Then, I told her how neat I think it is how every place I have been God has always provided a single, female friend who is my age though whatever age I am always seems unusual. Few more conversations. Then, David walked me over to show me the new office building, which is a mobile building. Little Chess showed me the monkey in the yard (stuffed animal) that you can see out of David's window. We are hoping to get electricity this week and be able to unpack so we can use it! I can't wait for you to visit and go to a service with me in the chapel. I love my church so much. I am so filled with joy by all that God is doing (they are such small and simple things that are so wonderful because they are His). Incredibly blessed!

3 comments:

3LandSemeur said...

I thought of you on my way to church wondering what time your services are now. And marveling at the irony of how your church is early and births are any time, yet you rise to the occasion every time...literally. :) You're cool. :)
Yes, so glad for God's provision and your heart to recognize God's goodness and blessings and to receive them.
Also, the letting go message seems to be a popular word these days. ;) Mmm...maybe a blog in the near future? ;)
Looking forward to visiting soon, Sis.

Ashley said...

We are meeting at 10 a.m. now- liking it a lot!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.