Friday, June 7, 2013

Perfect Provisions

God provided so abundantly for me during my trip to California. Many times I didn't even know I had a need when He provided, or the extent of my need. Sometimes it was just plain comical to me. I will do my best to recall the MANY provisions...
1. My cold (or allergies) got better instead of worse on the plane and through the airports.
2. I got a flight even though she said there were no more.
3. I got another flight once I got to DFT even though many people got bumped. Not sure how that works.
4. The lady next to me on my first flight lived in the Dallas area, so she gave me a description of how to maneuver the airport with it's train system and many gates. Not sure if I would have made it, or might have missed supper.
5. I didn't have to drive in rush hour traffic afterall since it was so late. To be honest, it's a wonder I didn't wreck with that car talking to me and driving in 6 lanes wanting to look around.
6. John got off early on Wednesday so we got to go to the baseball game. That was so much fun.
7. We found a parking spot near the Chinese whatever you call it Theatre and parking across the street was $10.
8. Bathroom at Starbucks:)
9. Mercy from the man at the gas station in San Diego who told me they don't have a bathroom but let me use their's when I asked a second time explaining that I didn't know where I was.
10. Finding the historic district simply by just driving to it. Then, I realized I didn't have any more change on me (drawbacks of not having a purse on hand or your own car) when I was paying the meter. I put in all my silver which amounted to 22 minutes instead of the 2 hours I was hoping for. Mmm. I was wondering what to do when a man pulled up behind me in his car. I asked, "scuse, me, do you happen to have change?" He joked if I wanted change for a $20? I asked for $1. When he whipped out a whole roll of quarters I changed my request to $2. His boss has sent him with the roll of quarters since he was going to San Diego. Impeccable timing!
11. I had literally just enough money to pay for toll roads. Actually, I was either a dollar or quarter short and she let me go through. I didn't feel bad the previous toll had eaten one of my dollars.
12. So, I forgot to eat supper that night and didn't realize until John and I were going to get beer (me a Corona, him whatever he got). Two provisions there- he drove cause I thought we were walking (ended up driving 15 min away so we were actually in Corona and not Eastvale) AND they brought us focaccia bread, which I am sure really helped me with the beer even though I still "felt it" drinking only half on an empty stomach. Oh, and beer happened to be half off (which is good cause I forgot how expensive it can be).
13. John gave me his camera so I could pictures at the wedding. I am so glad for those pictures.
14. A few hours to myself at Long Beach was a good transition. It was perfect to stay with Dianne as she helped me with my dress. I needed help:).
15. Good thing I left early for the wedding because traffic was so bad I would have been late. This brings me to another provision. I really didn't encounter traffic except for this day. That is amazing considering I was aimlessly wondering over Southern California at all times of the day/night.
16. God provided fellowship at the wedding through the pastor who gave the homily (his wife is a midwife) and Sean, Ashley, Liz, and those at the Jax table.
17. Got me to the car rental place even though my GPS did not.
There may have been more... beauty, radio stations, blessings. It really was wonderful. Wish it could have been longer.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh yeah, TOTALLY provision that John rode in the car with me driving Wednesday as this was the only way I would ever drive to San Diego by myself. His presence and help gave me the guidance and confidence I needed to drive in California. Crazy!! But, fun:)

3LandSemeur said...

First, sorry I missed this post. Not sure how, but love it! Fun hearing more about your trip, and always love hearing a thankful heart. Not enough of those going around. :)