Saturday, June 8, 2013

Chocolat

Wednesday at work I REALLY wanted/needed some chocolate. How does this happen? I had an amazing lunch. It was well balanced, healthy, delicious, plenty. Yet, somehow, an hour later I was just about to bust without chocolate. The receptionist ended up offering me some. Ghiradelli dark chocolate truffle. Oh man, did it hit the spot. It really was just what I needed. The next day I decided to tell her how much I had needed it and appreciated her sharing. So, I told her how I was sitting at my desk and I didn't just want chocolate. Everything in my entire being NEEDED it. I couldn't remember if I prayed for some or just hoped someone would bring me some (it happens sometimes). So, I had just walked out to the front desk and stood there. I didn't say anything. I wasn't pouting or anything. I just stood there. She had no idea. Next thing I knew she mentioned needing a treat. My eyes lit up and I said, "me too!" She said "do you want any chocolate?" My face lit up and with wide eyes I said, "YES!!!" The thing that amazes me about the whole story is that every woman I have told the story to (ok only 3) all knew exactly what I was talking about. I figured they would think I was being dramatic. But, the all knew. Crazy, huh??

3 comments:

3LandSemeur said...

Well, according to that info I've been reading, what we're craving is magnesium or something or other. So we think we need chocolate, but she insinuates we don't. I agree we may not need it but that we do need something it contains...but you know me well enough to know that I think chocolate's a great thing. Especially as a treat, to celebrate, as a gift. (The darker, the better...especially Swiss...if not German). But you know all this! :)

3LandSemeur said...

Ooh, let me clarify. My grammar is misleading. I should've put a comma after the word "not" because I prefer Swiss chocolate to German. That said, there were certain German brands I liked more, and some of the South American/African chocolates I've tasted (well, at least they were labeled as such) were so good! I'm actually not the connoisseur I'd like to be.

Ashley said...

My hypothesis is iron which makes a lot of sense and cocoa is high in iron... interesting.