Thursday, February 16, 2012

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

We move toward the front of the crowd to be up close, to be near the action. I was glad to move forward. Suddenly it grows dark around us except for flashing blue and white lights. I started off glad to be there. People everywhere. Young. Old. Women. Men. And... noise. Noise all around. LOUD NOISE. I felt so near You all day and now that I am here I feel more alone. I can't quite seem to know You here. It is difficult to worship You. Distracted by the lights, the NOISE, the people all around. Still, I sing. I wait. I would leave if I could, but I can't. So, I wait... Whatever You want. Whenever You want. However You want. Your will be done. Finally, the noise becomes quiet. The people start to go back to where they came from. I get to go home. We leave and I am glad. It is quiet again. My heart rests again. Ah, back to normal. A new week begins.

1 comment:

3LandSemeur said...

Sissy! Poetic! :) Sorry your experience was negative, but it does sound like it accurately fit the description. Gonna stop here in case I can't leave the message after all.