Monday, November 2, 2009

Boys and Girls

Upon my speedy arrival at 12 am to a birth last week...

Amy: Wow, that was fast! (Pause) Are you awake yet?

Me: (Smile) Not Yet...

TWO HOURS LATER...

Dad: Am I holding her right?

Me: (Smile) Yes, you are doing very good.

Dad: Is it okay for her to suck on her hand like that?

Me: Yes, babies have a strong need to suck. She probably has been doing this a while.

A second birth in the week...

Mother: I am going to break the bed.

Her Mother: You are not going to break the bed.

Mother: I just did. (Laugh)

Mother to Husband: I need you. No, I need you HERE. Over here. Now.

Husband: She is not really pushing yet. Are you? Is this it?

We all laugh many times. We joke to her, you can laugh the baby out if you would like. Of course, this does not happen. It was good to laugh though this late in the game.

Baby Girl one day. Baby Boy a few after. Everyone doing fine. Now for a new week.