The past three weeks I have had a birth overnight between full days of classes or clinic. And He provided for me and I enjoyed them so much. This past week was one of my favorite births. It was a couple that I had met a handful of times in prenatal visits. I came in a few hours after she got here since I had a class that was difficult to miss. When I walked in Mom was laboring by the bed with Van Morrison playing in the background. "You are doing great," I told her after she finished the contraction. "You look like you've done this before." She had not (first time Mom). She smiled and said "thanks."
I enjoyed the birth so much. I was given freedom to fully be midwife. That is always enriching. The birth went really well. It took some time. She was tired. We gave many suggestions to keep things moving. She listened. Progress. Encouragement. Patience. Everyone is doing great so we let her take her time at the end. Baby born in the water at 12:52 pm. 9 lbs 4 oz with a 14 inch head!
Mom and Dad were appreciative. Dad made us a homemade pumpkin pie, which was delicious. Mom gave us handmade bags they had made with their screen printing business. I loved their birth for a few reasons. Mostly I got to be the midwife and it went really well. Also, they really appreciated us and their exprerience. That is always rewarding.
The week began running the stadium at UF with Chrissy and ended playing tennis at the Gainesville High School courts with Sean. Many classes, a wonderful birth, and a long day of clinic in bewtween. It was a good week. Life is good. And, oh, I LOVE my job!!!
Happy 4th of July, Sis!
13 years ago

2 comments:
YES!!!! So glad, sis. So cool that you're able to stay positive and ENJOY your work and life despite the demands of it all. Yeah, it sure helps when people appreciate the work we do, doesn't it?
Just this AM, I was sweeping/mopping the common area of our apartment, and the landlord's wife passed me and said "Danke schon." It was really unnecessary as I'm just doing my responsibility, ya know? So I appreciated it all the more.
Anyhow, God bless this family with their new baby. God bless you and your midwifery. I'm really proud of you, sis.
Thanks:) I do, I love it!
What does "Danke schon" mean? Is that thank you very much? (like the song??!)
Post a Comment