Sunday, August 23, 2009

Friendship

So, I was thinking today in church how much I appreciate the variety if ways available to us to worship during the service. I realized how I get more out of the different parts of the service rather than simply the sermon. This is not to say it was a bad sermon. It was a great sermon. It is just that the strength and encouragement that fills my soul comes from the singing, the fellowship, speaking His word together out loud, His presence, in combination from the message. I looked back at the different churches I have been equipped by in the past several years and think the same on each one.

Today my favorite part of church was the fellowship. Our friends, Sean and Mallory, are back from traveling. It was nice to sit with them. Then, spending time with everyone after church was fun. We had decided going to lunch after the service would a good way to welcome them back. So, after a time of deciding where to go, we decided on Cabana Cove. It ended up being Gram, Hannah, Sean, Mallory, Kendra, a new freshman at UF named Jeremy, and a guy named Jay that I have met a couple of times. We were all glad to be in each other's company. We had a good time hearing about each other. We especially enjoyed some good laughs. This is what I enjoyed the most.

While we were waiting on our food, something special happened. One of the servers came up to our table where I was sitting at the end. He kneeled down and just looked at me like he knew me. I wondered what in the world he was going to say. Then, he said, "I just wanted to thankyou for delivering my baby...". Then, I recognized him. We continued a brief conversation. It was so neat. They asked me if that has happened before. No, it was the first time. He eneded up giving our table free Momosas. I could not drink my whole drink since I had eaten a light breakfast- it is hard to have a big bowl of cheerios with no milk:(. I did not want to seem unappreciative. So, Gram graciously let me pour a little of mine into his glass. What a pal:). We enjoyed the rest of our meal, conversations, laughs and then went our seperate ways... Friendship is a blessing from the Lord.

2 comments:

3LandSemeur said...

Oh, Ash! I love this! How wonderful! Glory to the One who called you to be a midwife and has equipped you and gifted you and continues to train you--formally and not.

I'm so glad for this blog, that we get to share about our days since we're not together. I'm so glad that ya'll all went out and had a good time together.

About the cheerios, my how things have changed. You used to eat Raisin Bran dry! (Me, too). I used to hate soggy cereal and would literally splash the milk over it. Now (when I use milk instead of yogurt), I drench my cereal so that it actually floats. I can thank the French for that.

Anyhow, way to know your limits and share the love. ;) That just blesses me so much that that man expressed his gratitude to you like that. I can't imagine how God must feel when we bring our thanks and gratitude to Him with sincere hearts. Wow.

Thanks for sharing, sis! Onward, Christian soldier!

Ashley said...

Yes, times have changed. Believe it or not, I would actually rather have Raisin Bran dry than Cheerios even though they are drier. Cheerios are just so plain... Glad you enjoyed the blog!