A few of us drove out to St. Augustine Beach after church on Sunday. It was a very HOT day so we went straight to the water. We let the waves break over us, sometimes jumping and other times diving into them. I almost lost my favorite hat, but Kendra saved it for me. After we had enough salt water in our faces, we decided to throw the frisbee some. I thought we did pretty decent for four non-frisbee throwers. At one point a little boy came running through our tossing area with his hands in front of him shouting, "i'm sorry...i'm sorry" over and over. I thought he was super cute and realized he must have sand or sun tan lotion in his eyes. He was running to his parents to get dried off. After frisbee, we ended up playing a game on the sand. It was a cross between hop scotch and bocci. I thought it was a fun game, though I didn't do so great. You win some. You lose some. I lost some:).
We rinsed ourselves off under the outdoor showers. Then, we changed clothes in an old gas station bathroom (better than the beach bathroom, for sure!). Then, we walked downtown to a nice resteraunt called Columbia. I have been wanting to go there. We split a large salad, tapas. and a pitcher of sangria. And you will love this part. Each person gets their own chunk of bread! I thought we got one for the table. When I realized I had my own, I was very happy about this:).
It was a fun trip. I felt like I was on vacation getting to be at the beach and with the fancy resteraunt and all. We took a wrong turn on the way home, but made it back in good time anyway. And today, back to clinic and a birth during the day. I kept thinking, "I'm so glad I got to go to the beach!"
Happy 4th of July, Sis!
13 years ago

4 comments:
Ahh, love hearing about your day at the beach. I liked the part about the little boy running through your frisbee game. ;)
And the outdoor showers/nice restaurant remind me of us and Paul and Daniel in high school...when we showered at Bohicket after a day of jet skis so we could go out to eat at the Seaview. That was quite the day if you remember! I'm smiling REALLY BIG in honor of the day's events. :) :) Ha!
When I was in the bathroom I was remembering showering at Bohicket before going out to eat with Paul and Daniel too!
Did you get that about the big smile? Ha!
do you mean emoticon?
Post a Comment