Having been to Gainesville you know that downtown Gainesville is only a couple of blocks wide. Still, we had a fun night enjoying ourselves. The occasion was the French Film Festival. They are showing french films at the Hippodrome for free during the festival. Kendra had invited Hannah and I to join a couple of others with her to go to one of the films last night. We decided to meet for supper at Emilianos to eat before the film. This was our first stop for the night. We had fun ordering tapas and eating together. Then, we sent one of the others, Karen, ahead to save seats while we took care of the bill. So, we walked down to the Hippodrome, our second stop for the night. But, they were full. Karen was inside and we were outside. So, we walked to Starbucks. This was our third stop for the night. And I learned something that amused me. I have never had Starbucks coffee before. Do you want to know how I realized this? I decided to get a decaf latte. I thought I was treating myself. So, I tasted my first sip and thought it was terrible. (I mean rotten or something) So, I asked Kendra what a latte is anyway? She explained and then told me that the coffee itself has a different taste. Then, I realized it was the coffee I did not like, not the latte. So, apparantly I don't like Starbucks coffee. We enjoyed talking. One of the girls is from England. We listened to her talk about the way of life there. We all shared our "we saw the queen" or in my case "i was sleeping when the queen rode by" stories. Then, we walked back over to the Hippodrome for some King's cake and to pick up Karen. The cake was delicious, and the remaining three of us decided to stay for the 9:30 show of La Faute de Fidel. Have you seen it? I liked it. We had some good laughs. And now I have been inside of the Hippodrome. We walked to our cars and then I was home within two minutes. I love living near downtown!
3 comments:
Chouette! Sounds like so much fun. Wish I could've been with you...except for the 9:30 showing. I'm so old! ;) Never heard of the film. Do you think I'd like it? I watched Take the Lead last night. It's based on a true story: ballroom dancing meets street kids. Made me want to dance (more when they were learning, not dancing).
Starbucks--yeah, me neither. I've had their teas and a water, but no coffee. You're not the first person I've heard who doesn't care for it, we'll say. Did you know decaf has caffeine? Just a little, but more than I can handle, at night anyway. ;)
Okay, well, I'm just full of wit and humor, aren't I? Mmm, it was really great talking earlier, sis.
Bisous!
I think you would like it. If you are down for a few more days you should look into it. I'll watch it with you if you can wait that long:)
You have long post!! : ) check out my blog too!!
Post a Comment