Friday, January 16, 2009

Driving Along in My Automobile

Today was cold out, but nice and sunny. I was happy to get to play some tennis. On my way to the courts I was listening to the radio. The dj was interviewing a singer, Brandon Heath. During the interview he gave choice A or B to the following question. During your last visit to Florida you either A) were abducted by aliens or B) caught your pants on fire. There was a pause. Then, Brandon slowly laughed. "Hey, you must have inside information on that one." The dj laughed and reminded him that interviews could be dangerous. Obviously the answer is that he caught his pants on fire. But the funny part is how it happened. He was at a resteraunt with some others. He happened to have matches in his pants pocket. Somehow they rubbed each other and actually started a fire. First, he smelled it. He said to the others- "hey, something's burning." Then, he realized it was him. So, he got up and "yelled kind of like a girl." Then he started hitting his pocket with something to put out the fire. The funny part is that no one knew what was going on. The fire was not flaming, just burning to this point. Finally, he was able to explain what was happening when he showed them his burned pants pocket. I wish you could hear the story from him, because it was obviously funnier hearing it. But this was the best I could do. It was a nice laugh for the day and I thought you'd enjoy it! So, remember: no matches in the pants.

2 comments:

3LandSemeur said...

That made me laugh out loud. In fact, I can feel for this guy b/c though that's never happened to me, it's the kind of thing that would, ya know? I have to say I'd rather learn from him on this one than experience it firsthand. Wonder why he had matches in his pocket anyway. Wish I could hear the whole story.
Mmm, just thinking how you're in Florida, and I'm in Germany. (Think of a certain movie that we have too many inside jokes from...) You're in Florida, and I'm in Germany...(raised eyebrows several times).
I'm so glad that you're there, and I'm here. God bless you in Florida (and me in Germany). I'm so glad I got to be there with for the new year and look forward to you visiting me here some time.
Love you, sis!

Ashley said...

Glad you got a good laugh. It sounded like your kind of story. And yes, it is the kind of thing that would happen to you especially with Sarah Case and I or Paul:)