Here is a glimpse from the past few weeks.
Whataburger: So, it was 10:00 on a Wednesday night. My soup and grapes were long gone. I was hungry and craving a burger. My plan was to look for somewhere to stop between the church and my house. So, I asked around for the nearest burger place. Hannah mentioned Whataburger. That sounded fun to me since I have never been there before. It looked closed from the stoplight. I was wondering where else I could go when I saw the 24 hr sign. I was getting very excited by now. So, I ordered my meal and drove up. I was probably the most excited customer of the whole day- it isn't often I get a fast food meal for a late snack. Then, he asked if I would like some ketchup. Sure- since I was going to pull over into the parking lot across the street. I didn't want to just eat this burger and fries but enjoy every minute of it. So, next thing I know he pulls out the kind of ketchup I have always imagined every fast food place should have. Without thinking, I very excitedly exlaimed, "I LOVE your ketchup!". He looked surprised and kind of laughed. I was too excited to even care that I must have sounded silly. I happily drove away with my Whataburger, fries, and unsweet tea- hey, gotta get my money's worth, and my good ketchup. It was delicious!
Zoe: Transitioning from the role of birth assistant to midwife is challenging. One of the midwives gave me a "be the midwife talk" after a recent birth. Think like the midwife. Be the midwife. I was glad for the talk though it was hard to hear.
Sammy: So, on Sunday night we had our Operation Christmas Child dinner at church. We all sat at tables enjoying our potluck, then got to pack the boxes. It was a lot of fun. Sammy sat next to me to eat. We were listening to the speaker give a brief talk about the ministry. Then, Sammy leans over to me and asks me if I ate the rest of her cake. I looked down at her empty plate and then at her face to see if she was joking. I don't think she was. I laughed quietly and shook my head no. She asked "who ate my cake?" This is all very quiet since the man is speaking. We silently laughed together and I gave her a hug from behind.
Kendra: On Sunday after church a group of us went out to lunch together. Kendra saw her roomie at the same resteraunt. She stopped by our table before leaving. So, Kendra decided to introduce us to her roomie and her cousin. She introduced the first person. Then, she skipped me and went on to someone else. It was like she forgot my name except that she knows it. Plus we have been spending a good bit of time together. So, she ended with me and then they left. Then she told us that she really had forgotten my name! We all laughed pretty hard. The funniest part is that I was just talking about that with Kate and Maryann the night before- forgetting my friends names sometimes since I have been in midwifery school. We had many laughs at lunch on Sunday.
Muriah: Today in Nutrition we had case studies. Muriah got a really hard one with someone who had a terrible diet that she had to talk it over with. By the end, she just said, "No, half and half in your cereal is just ridiculous. No more of that!" We had many good laughs during that counseling session.
...Taking deep breaths. Saying yes to the responsibilities and role of a midwife. This is it. Time to really step in and do this thing.
The Jebusites said to David, "You will not get in here; even the blind and the lame can ward you off." They thought, David cannot get in here. Nevertheless, David captured the fortress of Zion, the City of David... And he became more and more powerful, because the Lord God Almighty was with him. And David knew that the Lord had established him as king over Israel and had exalted his kingdom for the sake of his people Israel. 2 Samuel 5:6b,10,12 (yes, I remember you giving me this verse last year- I have it saved in my drawer)
Miss you and can't wait to see you soon- how exciting!
Happy 4th of July, Sis!
13 years ago

2 comments:
Hi, sis. Happy Thanksgiving! Guess it didn't work for you to post... It was so special getting to talk to (almost) everyone in the family. Thankful.
I always love hearing about what's going on. Bet you made the Whataburger guy's night. So, what was this ketchup like? Was it like twice the size of the other FF restaurants? I always thought they should be.
Funny about the half and half, though I think that's pretty much French milk. One's perception of health is cultural, it seems. Sorry--I know you're just sharing a funny story.
I like when you share verses/spiritual things that have impacted you. I don't remember giving you that verse, but I think it's cool that it still encourages you.
Well, Ash, Happy Thanksgiving. See you in 25+ days.
love,
Anne
Whataburger ketchup is like McDonald's nugget sauce containers. I saved the extra one for my car. I will show you when you visit if I don't need it before then:).
Can't wait to see you.
Post a Comment