Sunday, November 9, 2008

I Just Love Birth!

Oh, I just got home from a WONDERFUL birth. I have not felt this rejuvinated after a birth since the summer time. I know it helped that I did not have to do much work and no clean up:). We had a couple go into the hospital this morning for some possible complications. They had to be induced and had not planned on going to the hospital. I was given the choice if I wanted to go with them and provide labor support. The Lord gave me a desire to be with them and not to worry about my work that I need to get done. The birth was super beautiful. The mom did so wonderful. She and the dad were glad that I was there. I was glad I was there. It was perfect. Before and during the birth, I just kept thinking what an honor this is to be a part of someone's birth. It is truly an honor. I loved it.

I also had a really nice day. Next Step went really well this a.m. We were praying at the end and a man stuck his head in our "classroom" aka closet and asked "is there a vacuum in there?" I guess he did not see us praying. We were all smiling with our eyes closed. He apologized. We started laughing.

Hannah and I had snack duty after church and that went well. I enjoyed that so much and look forward to the next round:). Betty's baby shower/tea party was fun too. During the games we realized that we have a pretty competitive group of ladies at Servants!

Now as I have come home from the birth, I am happy to hopefully get a full night's sleep still. What a good day- to get to go to church, the baby shower, and a birth and still get sleep! Now that is my kind of a day. (It is really 11:30, not 8:30!)

1 comment:

3LandSemeur said...

Your blog is praising the Lord with your own words and specific to your own life and situation. It's refreshing to hear someone do that instead of complaining. Thanks. (Yikes, I'm re-reading, and my comment sounds more like a teacher commentary than your twin sister's response. What can I say? It's almost 7, and I'm still on campus).

I can join you because, Ash, I find myself almost daily doing the same thing here with my teaching. Not that I don't grumble, not that it's not hard or challenging. Not that I don't get overwhelmed or tired. Still, that "part" of me that God created to teach here and now is getting to "live," and so "rain or shine" (and let me tell you, there's been a lot of clouds lately), His purposes in my life are being fulfilled...so I'm fulfilled. Praise Him!