Sunday, November 22, 2015

I love my church

I know, bloggie overload... just couldn't help it today.
I just love my church so much. This morning was no exception. I love the people. I love to worship corporately from the heart. God has blessed me. Part of what made this morning wonderful is that it was a combined service so we get everyone together at one time. I get to see everyone! Here are a few of my favorite moments.
Jen, Jane, and I had a good laugh when I dropped my food for the recpetion before church. Normally I like to make things from scratch and don't even use microwaves, but I decided to bring a Trader Joes spinach artichoke dip to microwave with pumpkin tortilla chips. I was asking if one of them could heat it for me (it is frozen) since I had altar guild and would be a few minutes. Jen broke it to me, "we don't have a microwave." Ha! Oh well. We ended up thawing it and using it anyway.
I was walking down the aisle before church and leaned down to greet Mr. Matthews who kissed me on the cheek (a handful of the men will kiss my cheek in greeting and I think it is so sweet). When I passed Tom who likes to tease me, he said, "hey, no kissing in church" and continued his conversation with whoever he was talking to. So, I patted his shoulder and said, "It's in the Bible." He knows the Bible very well (He is a Gideon) and later said, "oh, you mean, greet one another with a holy kiss." Yep!
After the peace the Senior Warden was ready to give announcements and it was hard to get everyone back in their seats. We are a friendly and lively bunch! I looked at my friend, Lynnette, and put my fingers in my mouth on both sides and motioned like I was going to whistle. We laughed and she joking but serious egged me on, "I dare you to." I said, "I wish I COULD!" Then, Tom walked by and gave me the pointed fingers from me to his eyes and back like, "Hey, I'm watching you."
I'm sure I could go on and on and honestly, I think you had to be there for all of that. But, I do love our church and am so thankful for God's many blessings.

No comments: