Sunday, April 27, 2014

Falling Apart

The other night laying on my bed I was wondering how Jesus was going to give me comfort for a new burden when I was already feeling overloaded. I was trying to take these things to Him. I just hadn't gotten to a place of rest in all of them, just some. I found myself lagging behind in giving my burdens to Him. One thing after the next. It got to the point that I realized I don’t think I can take much more. What if a tragedy were to occur? Or at this point even just a really bad day? I could just see myself falling apart. This won't be a new concept to you, but it was a new idea in that moment for me. He showed me that sometimes falling apart isn’t defeat. I was surprised and relieved. I just had to smile because only Jesus could pull that off, don’t you agree? Not only can He hold it all together despite our emotions and circumstances, but He can bring forth new life in us. He can fulfill a better future out of our chaos. It is one thing to know it. It is another to weakly submit our tensions and downright catastrophes into His loving and strong hands trusting that He will in fact carry us through even though our circumstances speak otherwise. His word supersedes our circumstances. His love is stronger than our fear. I still have to go through the tension and struggle through my uncertainties and weakness. But the good news is that I really can depend on His intervention on my behalf when I just can’t take it anymore. When I am so “done” that my tensions are just spilling out over the place. And there He is… HERE… in it... with me holding it all together like only He could... holding ME. And though I can’t see it, I have the blessing of knowing that the end result in fact will be complete and secure. And this, ma soeur, is very good news indeed.

No comments: