Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Blessed

Driving in my car over the marsh out towards the beaches tonight, I was thinking of different ways I am blessed. There is a familiarity here even though it is not Charleston. God has placed some neat people in my life, especially at church and in my house. I am surrounded by beauty. I am blessed in my work. Last night Joanna and Amy and I tre together. We really enjoyed the chili, catching up, and some good laughs. Joanna and I sat by the "fire" enjoying a massage before bed. I also went on a wonderful long run yesterday after work on a beautiful day. There are many here God has put into my life to love me, encourage me, and pray for me... to know my name and be happy to see me. I am thankful for them. I have enjoyed this season. My favorites last night were... I used a new recipe for the chili and didn't even have some of the ingredients. Basically, I winged it. It smelled good, but I was hoping it tasted good... after all the work... and ingredients. Joanna look a little surprised and said, "mmm, it tastes like chili." I laughed and thanked her since it was chili. Then, Amy was making some sort of almond spread. She pulled a lemon out of the fridge and said she couldn't quite remember the recipe... did it call for a tsp of lemon or a whole lemon. I laughed out loud since that is a big difference. There is more, but these are a few of my blessings.

2 comments:

3LandSemeur said...

Aha! Now I know why "I hadn't read your comment since January!" I DID and couldn't leave a message. Ohhh...it's a wonder we even have blogs, sis! ;)

3LandSemeur said...

And I'm really, really glad that you have so many blessings are are free to enjoy them, sis! Yay!