We have been taught over the years that Jesus is the source of Life. When we are weary, we can and should turn to Him who will refresh us. When we are weak, He is strong. When we are empty, we are perfectly prepared to be filled with His life. I am so thankful to belong to a God whose promises are solid and reliable. It is my greatest treasure to take Him at His word and find that He does what He says He will. A few weeks ago I was so tired. I was truly worn out by the demands of being a midwife. Not to mention, I had not had a day of rest. The day that would have been my day of rest I was on call. I received news that I did have someone in labor and I would be up during the night. Overwhelming is an understatement. I was so worn out. The thought of enterring what I expected to be a demanding birth (and it was) was too much. There really was nothing to do but to accept the situation. Not wanting it or resenting it only makes it worse. That will zap the energy right out of a person. Well, the neatest thing happened. I had a couple of appointments with a couple of our moms. Then, I came home. I remembered good advice of a couple of different friends over the years. Our rest does not come from sleep. It comes from spending time with each other and with Him. So, I spent some time reading in the Bible receiving the hope we have in Him. Then, I rested on the couch listening to some music. I did go in. It was a long night. It was demanding. But, he provided me with the rest I did not get from a lazy Sunday. He gave me from what I did not have. I was as rested from a couple of hours as I should have been from a day. He continued to lead me into encouragement from His word throughout the week. Instead of being a terrible day, it was a good day. And, I trust He ministered through me much more than had I been full of strength since His power is made perfect in weakness. I never have to know or see it. I just rest in knowing that about Him and it is in His hands.
1 comment:
I love that! Thanks for sharing, Sis! So glad you were able to know God in ways you wouldn't have if you hadn't been in the state you were in. He's good!
Post a Comment