Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Day to Rest

I certainly missed a lot of sleep this week. I woke up with a huge (sleep) hangover this morning too. I had to hold my head as I got up to walk to the bathroom. I got right back in bed to lay down for a few more hours. Once I got out of bed a few hours later I was feeling better. Made some pancakes with the Trader Joe's multigrain mix the girl's neighbor had left and poured in your chocolate chips from France. Thanks! They were very good. I cleaned up a lot after eating. Researched a few things online.

This afternoon I walked down to the pool and went swimming along with several families with children and a few older people. It was overcast but no rain. It was good to get some exercise. Came home. Showered and off to the hospital to visit one of our Mom's and babies. Sweetheart! Ran an errand on the way home and then Panera because I really wanted something healthy to eat and I did not have plans for the night.

I was sitting by myself when a young black man who had a friendly face got up to walk to the bathroom. He smiled and asked how I was doing as he passed. I wasn't expecting a conversation and had my mouth full. So, with my mouth closed full of salad I smiled and said, "great, thank you." Wish I could have seen myself. I know I would have laughed! I made up for it though as he was leaving. I made sure there was no food in my mouth and smiled and said "good night" and he smiled back. To top it all off, on my way out I was looking for the trash can. These days they bring your food to the table and take it from you. So, when I did not see one in the whole resteraunt I just figured they might have gotten rid of them. (They had a small trash can near the cups, but nowhere for plates, silverware, etc). I should have asked, "excuse me, where is your trashcan?" Instead, I found myself asking, "ma'am, do you still have a trashcan?" It was actually right behind me by the time I made it over to her. I'm sure they think I am weird:).

Back home. A lovely walk around the neighborhood at dusk. I walked by a group singing Tom Petty in their garage and later passed a racoon walking across the street. Read some, phone call from a patient needing instructions with breastfeeding, and checked emails. Now, to bed!

2 comments:

3LandSemeur said...

I always love reading your blogs...especially since we haven't gotten to catch up much lately.
First, can I make a suggestion? Sissy, you might not want to use the word hangover unless you clarify it's from lack of sleep, not too much alcohol. ;) As your twin, I just know these things, but the rest of the world won't. ;)
Second, you're not weird for being confused about the trash can. In fact, that must be a Jacksonville or FL thing b/c last time I went to our Panera, we waited and picked it up. As far as asking if they had a trash can, still not weird, just funny. :)
Okay, I'm used enough smiley faces. Really glad you had a nice day after a long, stressful week.
Oh, and for what it's worth, I had a very slight sleep hangover Saturday morning after little sleep the week before and traveling and 1-hr jet lag. I told Christine in French that I felt like a truck had hit me. She laughed and agreed as she really did have jet lag!

Ashley said...

I can add it in parenthesis if you would like though as far as I know you are my only follower:).