"Then Job replied:
Doubltess you are the people, and wisdom will die with you!
But I have a mind as well as you; I am not inferior to you.
Who does not know all these things? ...
To God belong wisdom and power;
counsel and understanding are His.
What He tears down cannot be rebuilt;
the man he imprisons cannot be released.
If He holds back the wters, there is drought;
if He lets them loose, they devestate the land.
To Him belong strength and victory;
both deceived and deceiver are His...
He reveals the deep things of darkenss
and brings deep shadows into the light.
My eyes have seen all this,
my ears have heard and understood it.
What you know, I also know;
I am not inferior to you.
But I desire to speak to the Almighty
and to argue my case with God.
You, however, smear me with lies;
you are worthless physicians, all of you!
If only you would be altogether silent!
For you, that would be wisdom...
Though He slay me, yet will I hope in Him;
I will surely defend my ways to His face.
Indeed, this will turn out for my deliverance,
for no godly man would dare come before him!
Now that I have prepared my case,
I know I will be vindicated..."
and this is the word of the Lord. Amen.
Job 12: 1-3, 13-16, 22 and 13:1-5, 15-16, 18.
Happy 4th of July, Sis!
13 years ago

1 comment:
Amen. The Word of the Lord, sis.
Post a Comment