At the beginning of the week I saw the weather report that it was going to be a cold week with highs in the 40s and lows in the 20s. Knowing it was my last few days before getting back to school, I wanted to enjoy the beauty of being outside even though it was cold. Except for today (slightly sleeting) it has been just gorgeous though. I did manage to make it out today just before the "rain" for a trip to the post office and library. It was liberating to get to walk down there even though it is "nasty" out. And would you know that I found an old hat to put on. Not too stylish, but warm. I enjoyed my walk very much.
But, I wanted to tell you about Kanapa. These are the gardens I took you to. I decided to make a trip out there on Monday. I bundled up except for hat. I walked through the gardens two times around. I thoroughly enjoyed the beauty of the gardens on a beautiful, cold day. I needed a chance to reflect and receive from God. And since almost no one else was interested in the gardens on a cold day, I was able to talk out loud some. I kept my voice low, just in case. I wanted to tell Him about my dreams, my thoughts, some disappointment, some questions. I find it easier to do outside in the open and beauty. I thought I heard someone a few times, but think it was just animals. Oh, Anne. It was so beautiful. I kept telling Him, "this is so beautiful..." thinking of submission ..."You are worthy"... and..."You are so beautiful." I thought about how some people confuse Him as being the creation. But, even though they don't know Him or worship Him, He is still the Creator. Nothing changes that. I listened to the trees in the wind and the few birds chirping. I remembered that these are the sounds of all creation praising Him. They know what to do! And they do it. That is why I was so happy to chime in too, genuinely praising Him that it was all so beautiful. To take time to enjoy it. To let Him know that I do. To remember Him.
There is a new boardwalk over a pond. I was thrilled to find this new spot. There was a beautiful egret that flew away as I walked down. Sorry, bird. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of my walk in the garden thinking of how this was how God meant for life to be. I walked, talked, sighed in very satisfied to enjoy such beauty, sat down on the gazebo, laid down on the steps, and finally walked back to the car. It was very refreshing. Very good. I know it is not going to be warm where you are either. I hope you will be able to enjoy some beauty of the snow!
Happy 4th of July, Sis!
13 years ago

2 comments:
Oh, sis, I just loved reading your entry. I can relate to it in so many ways. I know exactly what you mean about the liberation that comes from enjoying "nasty" weather (or anything we fail to enjoy because of circumstances or perspective). I'm sure I've told you of that same reaction to my walks in the cold/rain this past fall.
I so need this reminder, though, as I return to a cold that cuts right through my Isotoner gloves Gangee passed along to me last year!
Yes, it IS beautiful and gorgeous, the sight of snow and the white blanket everywhere. It has brought a smile to my lips and some warmth in my heart (which is kind of ironic how God works, huh?)
So glad you were able to experience/enjoy God's creation not just in things you love but in new ways, even in circumstances you normally wouldn't.
By the way, I loved your apology to the egret. Because I know you, I know it has more to do with disturbing the occasion to enjoy the tranquility/beauty of God's creation without your presence more than your love of birds (not that you don't, but am I right?). :)
Enjoy the cold while it lasts. Then thank Him for the warmer weather. :) So glad He provided the hat.
Love you, sis!
Glad you enjoyed it and are enjoying the snow! To the egret comment- what you said the first time:).
Post a Comment