Sunday, October 25, 2009

Friends of the Library

Today after church Chrissy and I walked down to the library book sale they have once a year. The sale was several blocks down. It was a beautiful day for a walk. Still dressed up from church, we made out way down. I was looking for a book in particular. I did not find it, but did find a few great deals related to my area of study. The section I was looking in was labeled "medicine/nursing." So, while I was browsing, a little black girl of about 8-10 years old came up to me.

"Excuse me, do you know if they have any books for pediatricians?"

I smiled. "Yes, they do. They have some on this side and some on that side."

I had seen some, but none were in view at the moment. I suggested she try the other side. She walked over to where I pointed. I came across a book of Pediatric Nursing. I picked it up, walked over toward her, and handed it to her. She looked surprised.

I wondered why she was looking for a book on pediatrics. It did not matter. She was precious to me. And I was just glad she asked:).

3 comments:

3LandSemeur said...

I love when you share stories like this. Lets me in on your day. Wonder why she was surprised for you to give her the book after she asked for one with that subject. Glad you found it and gave it to her.

By the way, I remember that book sale. I don't think I've ever been in Gainesville when it was happening, but I've probably just seen it advertised at my many trips to the library there.

That's probably the most frequented place in G'ville I've been other than your place. Gotten any good cd's lately? They've got a good selection there.
Do it!

Ashley said...

Actually, one of the cds you checked out was returned without the cd in the case. Good thing they do not have late fees. I am still looking, but might just have to buy the thing, I guess.

3LandSemeur said...

Oh stink, sis! Sorry about that! Turkish Groove? Or Israel? Mmm, where could it be? We'll talk about this. :) I agree with ya about the no late fees. Two words: Black Sheep. Ha! One word: Avonlea. Okay, enough. ;)