Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Chill in the Air!

Mmmm... It is finally feeling like fall, at least for a few days. I have been craving this for a while, so I am enjoying it very much. I enjoyed a pleasant run on Tuesday afternoon during a break between class and working on Protocols. Yesterday I played some tennis in the afternoon. Today I enjoyed a walk during lunch break and then one after supper. I wanted to run since it felt so good, but just ate a lot. Besdies, Chrissy and I may run tomorrow afternoon if her sunburn is better and I am not at a birth. Speaking of births, we have not had one in over a week and have many women in their window. Not to mention, the moon is just about full for whatever that is worth:). I am ancipating a busy weekend.

Today while I was working on some charting one of our former clients came in to see the nurse midwife for a well-woman visit. I saw her walking out the door after her visit. I ran out to say hello since I had the priviledge of receiving her baby as he was birthed. I thanked her for letting me be at her birth and explained it was onen of my favorites. She has five other children who were present. It was the seventh birth in 5 days, the third that day including a trip to the hospital in the EMS. So, it was a refreshing birth for me. It was also one of the first times I felt like a midwife. So, it was good to see her...

It has been a nice week. From Charleston to Gainesville I keep hearing how everyone is enjoying this beautiful fall weather!

2 comments:

3LandSemeur said...

Well, add Kandern, Germany to that list! It's been stunning! We've had such amazing weather, I can't help but praise the Lord.

Normally I read on my walks, but yesterday I put my book away so that I could just look at the beauty of the colors--leaves, sky, all.

Today's a bit cloudy, but I think that's supposed to change. Anyhow, glad you're enjoying the fall weather, sis.

Glad you got to see the lady whose baby you delivered. Wonder if you've had any more births...

Ashley said...

And take Gainesville off because it has been hot and humid all week long. It was so hot yesterday that I would not have made it on the tennis court 15 min if we had not played in the shade, I bet. But, last week was wonderful and it will come again. Can't wait!