Saturday, September 26, 2009

St. Christopher

Wonderful, wonderful St. Christopher. The perfect combination of memory of my "homeland" and reminder of our coming Homeland. It really is. The beauty of the lowcountry and the beach, simplicity, Love, friendship, the Camp way of life, the Holy Spirit and the Presence of God.

Just so peaceful, even if you do have a roach in your room. Walking on the boardwalk, the cross overlooking the beach, the shrimp boats we have watched our whole lives coming back in after a long day. Botany. The Privateer. Dolphins. The place. The dining hall. Singing. Smiles. Getting dirty just from walking around. No skipping showers out there!

This time I was there alone, on purpose by Him. The weekend- refreshed on the inside by prophetic ministry, worship, the beauty around us, and reminded over and over that we are loved by Him. Good conversations. Fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ I did not know. Being in His presence. He satisfied me completely and filling me over. I just did not want to leave. I lingered as long as I could. I walked on the beach, sat on the porch, walked down the road. Then, it was time to leave. And then He continued to bless me more. A boat ride on the Bohicket, eating on the dock, US Open finals, and getting to see and hold Grace one last time before heading back to Florida. He continued to bless me throughout the week. He loves to bless us. It is so good to enjoy what He gives and let Him in.

Thank you for your prayers for my weekend, Anne. It was perfect.

Written about the Rest, Restoration, Renewal Weekend Sept 11-13 at St. Christopher

4 comments:

3LandSemeur said...

I'm refreshed just reading about it! Ash, I was SO glad you went, but you already know that. It's strange how much I wanted you to go. I even have a satisfied feeling that YOU went. Pretty cool.

I TOTALLY know what you mean by letting Him bless us and just enjoying what He gives us. That's been a word to me and a great one at that.

If I had blogged every blessing I've received lately, well, my entries would be much more numerous. But hey, if I have to choose between living life and writing about it (and sometimes there's so much energy for just one over here), I'm gonna live it! I know you'd approve.

So, thanks a ton for writing. Love it when you do. Encouraged by His blessings for you. :)

3LandSemeur said...

Ash! First of all, LOVE the new pic. So sweet. At first I was thinking it was one of "your babies" (you've delivered) and then realized it's our neice!!! Oh, precious.

Writing to THANK YOU for the post card from St. Christopher! I was so excited to get a post card...from you...with St. Christopher on it. Blessed me. I think it blesses God, too, b/c you expressed what a gift it was, and He's the One who gave it to ya. Still so glad that you went.

Ashley said...

Hi sis. Glad you liked the post and the post card! I was so happy to send it to you since you knew more than anyone how special that place is to me and the weekend in particular. It was also a thank you card of a sort for holding me up in prayer. I wished they had the old postcard with the cross on it, but that was the only one. Hope it will remind you to pray for them there. Love you!

3LandSemeur said...

So funny you wrote that. I wondered if it would be a picture of the cross. I like this one, too, though. ;)