At the request of my sis, I need to write on my blog. I reminded her that the purpose of my blog was to keep in touch with her when we did not have any other form of communication. So, even though we were together all last week I decided that I would write for you, Annie. Here it is, my trip home:
Friday night was fun in Jacksonville visiting with Katie, Jeremy, Laura, and Robbie. Moon Rive pizza, seeing their new houses, walking to Blockbuster, Transformers, the market downtown.
Saturday night in Charleston- home in time for Frederick's birthday party. Meeting Grace and getting to hold her, watching Frederick hold her and being a Dad, yummy meal, playing with Nicholas.
Sunday going to St. Johns, hearing you speak of BFA, seeing Anna and her family, Robert and Lindsay, meeting our cousin, walk with Lindsay, St. Andrews.
Beth Moore with you and Mom Monday, shrimp and grits with Brad and Chelsea and Uncle Danny and Aunt Charlotte, especially freshly caught shrimp straight off the boat!, Dad's story about almost getting struck by lightning with Aunt Susie
Shopping with you and finding good deals again, our fancy blue bottles with water, Splash zone with Lindsay, Zion, and Robert- especially the lazy river and the big slides, cookout and pool party at Nathan's...seeing friends from home
Making waffles (even though they did not taste good), Taking you to the dentist, lunch at Basil for Kimmie's birthday- good choice on the chocolate, the BEACH!!!, bike ride around the golf course even though the bike made embarressing squeaking sounds every now and then, watching Hidalgo finally- thanks for staying up to watch it, sleeping in your room
Oh, I loved the house tours and taking Mom to lunch at Cru. It was so good to be there and it was fun to have a day of "Charleston." I'm glad we got to play tennis and walk the golf course. I even enjoyed going to the new library at CofC so I could study some for Pharmacology.
Federa/Haas match was a good one- hope you get to see the funny point on replay sometime, great to see Tara and the Goodyears, fun to get to dance to beach music on the pier even if it was brief, so glad we did not stay at IHOP- too tired:)
JULY 4th! What a good move to go to the beach in the a.m. instead of the afternoon. How perfect weather and wonderful walking to the lighthouse... hot dogs!...seeing friends...the dock with family. It was so good to be out there and so good to be with everyone. Hamburgers... High tide... time with Susie...Thanks for taking Mom. Glad you got to see fireworks!
Thanks for making breakfast:) Robert and Lindsay at church, good to worship there and to be encouraged... good to pray with Sandy... so glad to make it to the baby shower for Angela, to see Summer's house, visit with high school friends...
Aahhh... It was a perfect trip home. I loved it so much and had so much fun. It was a summer full of fun packed into one week and I enjoyed every minute of it. He blesses us with more than we would get if we tried to give ourselves what we think we want... Enjoy the rest of your time home.
Happy 4th of July, Sis!
13 years ago

5 comments:
Ah, thnks, sis. It's good that you wrote because 1-I learned something. You didn't tell me you saw Transformers! I've only heard negative commentaries. What'd ya think? 2-I like to hear about "our week together." Yes, God does give more than we can ask or imagine. It blesses me to hear you bless HIM, and so your sis is happy right now. Every good and perfect gift comes from above. Good thing ya came home last week. The weather this week has been cooler but not as nice. Oh, by the way, it's Chelsey with an "ey." I did the same thing.
I saw the first Transformers, not the second. I think I did tell you about it. I showed them the helicopter Chris flew in the movie. It was pretty neat to think of him in there! I don't plan to see the second as it does not sound like something I would enjoy.
Yep, you sure did tell me about that. I guess I automatically thought of the one that's out since that's the latest craze.
Oh, by the way, don't know if that was a typo, but you know it's FEDERER, right? (NOT Federa). You southern thang, you! ;)
We Schaffers have a way of making up our own words, don't we? ... yeah, it was a typo- wink, wink
Post a Comment