So, we began our final term for our Junior year this week. We have Public Health on Mondays. Tuesdays we have Pharmacology (the study of medicine) and History of Midwifery. We also have Suturing and Waterbirth workshops. We will add a class later in the term. I am looking forward to our classes. It has been two semseters since we have had Dr. Scott. She teaches us all of our sciences. We love her, but they are hard classes. As she introduced the class to us, she told us not to be overwhelmed, but that we were going over the first four chapters that day. A tear just rolled down Michelle's cheek as she managed to laugh. We were all overwhelmed yesterday for different reasons. I ended up going to Kristen's pool to swim even though it was colder out. It was the only thing I could think to do that would refresh me that I actually had enough energy for. But, we made it through the first week. And we will make it through the semester.
Lindsay poured garlic butter all over her salad at leonardo's yesterday instead of salad dressing.
At chart review June asked if we had any books on what new mom's need for the baby in the first weeks. Maryann said, "just tell her to go to Target. They will tell her what she needs."
I got to see a Mom and baby today that I was their midwife. She was talking about how great her experience was and how well things are going.
Sarah was walking around with a large spoon in the back of her pants pocket today. I just started laughing and said, "Do you know you have a spoon in your pocket?" No, she did not.
Happy 4th of July, Sis!
13 years ago

1 comment:
Oh, bless ya'll. Really. We at BFA can relate to how you're feeling except that it's the END of our year, not the beginning!
Fun that you went swimming. It's something I'd like to get into but hasn't really been my thing in the past.
I'm guessing the garlic butter was a mistake?
SO great about "your" Mom and Baby who are enjoying their experience.
FUNNY about Sarah and the spoon.
Ash, the Lord be with ya'll!
Post a Comment