So, I wanted to tell you about my visit to Publix on Tuesday. They were having very good deals. I was happy with my selection and made my way to the register. I handed my two Publix bags to the bag boy. The man at the register tallied up my foods. Then, he helped the bag boy to put my food in the bags. Next thing I know, the man at the register asked me if I would like the milk in the bag. I looked up to see him slipping the gallon of milk with the gallon of water. My first thought, was "NOOOO!" I casually said, "oh, that might be too heavy for me in the same bag." As I was finishing my sentence, it seemed to me by his face that I may be offending his judgement. So, I added, "if you put anything else in." He said that he would not add anything. I had the advantage this time of knowing that it would be heavy. Plus, I had a buggy to place my bags in. I smiled and explained that I had tried that once before and it didn't go so well. He smiled. I was thinking, "if he only knew." Not sure if it was the thick straps on the bag or my heads up from the previous 2 gallons-in-one-bag situation, but it was not too heavy this time. Now that I think about it, it was definately that shoulder straps on the bag. Just thought you'd appreciate the story!
1 comment:
I love your story! It made me laugh out loud when you added the second part. Glad you made it okay. :)
Post a Comment