Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Good Morning, Sunshine!

Hi, Sissy! Guess where I spent the night on Sunday? Robbie and Laura's house! (Not their new one, the old one). I did get to see the new one too, which was fun to see the progress. I also got to pray with the intercessors at Good Sam on my way up. It was good to be with them and to see them all. On my way back to Gainesville, I stopped at the Uniform store to make a return (this was the whole reason for my trip). I made my exchange and decided to look around for a bit. As often happens when put one on one with a stranger for a time, she started talking to me about her problems. I listened to her with one ear and to the Lord with the other. I was not sure exactly my purpose to hear these things. I did not receive anything to speak to her. So, I just continued to listen and did my best to empathize with her without egging her on to remain in a bitter state. I prayed for her family while I was in the store and then some more throughout the day. In fact, I will continue to pray for them since I will probably see her again next year when I use the store credit. On the way out, I thanked her for helping me and told her I hope the best for her family. Those encounters are always interesting, don't you think?

We started Newborn class night. I am really excited about it. I am happy to begin to apply these things with the bits that I know and will learn at clinic. Our teacher was at one of the first births that I attended as a student. During this particular birth, I accidentally got nailed in the face and my glasses were knocked off. I had forgotten about that, actually. She let me tell the story as we went around and introduced ourselves. I like to add it to my list of birth stories:). So, I have a little treat for you. I finally signed up for facebook this past weekend after being asked one too many hundred times if I am on it. I needed a picture for my profile (esp since they gave me the man profile:(. So, Kendra took a picture of me after church. But like you, we had some troubles figuring my camera. So, we accidentally made a video. Enjoy!

2 comments:

3LandSemeur said...

How cool,sis! And you thought you were making the trip for a return. I love how God's plans are bigger than ours. Well, it's easier to say at times than others.

Nice video. ;) I know all too well about those. Now I just need to figure out how to NOT make videos, though maybe I'll make a real one some time.

Speaking of entering new territory...facebook! So, you're inviting me, right? I mean, I haven't checked my email in a few hours, but at that point, I didn't have any invitations. I can't believe I'm even asking you to invite me b/c I've turned down so many offers from "real friends," but I've also been actually considering joining...especially after last night.

Some girls got together for a early Valentine's Day party, and we played a few games. One had questions we had to answer, and it talked about Facebook steps, and I was clueless. Thankfully I didn't get that question.

ANYHOW, is this the most boring comment I've ever left? I REALLY hope you can figure out the comment feature on mine...soon! I want to add more, but it's getting pretty sad never getting any comments.

Better go and get a few things done before some friends come over to put up my curtains! Yahoo!!!

Ashley said...

Hi Sis. Sorry about no comments. That happened to me in the beginning, remember?

As for NOT making videos, just be sure that when you do record something that you turn it back to shoot instead of movie. That was my problem at least.

I will definately invite you to facebook, though I had not. Figured you were like me:).

Hope that you have a great week, Anne!