Monday, December 15, 2008

Just for Kicks

At the beginning of the term we had to make an adjustment in our diet for Nutrition class. We were supposed to pick something that was a weak point for us. Then, for two weeks we were to make a change. We were allowed to cheat, but had to write it down. I chose to limit myself to three sweets a week. I did not think that would be too hard since I occasionally knock them out all together for a week. We had to write a journal about our experience. I came across mine the other day. I had to laugh at a few of the entries- and I was not trying to be funny. This is my real journal. I will pick the funniest ones to share with you.

1: This is my first day of limiting myself to three sweet per week for two weeks. I forgot I was doing this and had a delicious piece of dark chocolate. It was yummy, but very small. So, if I had remembered, I would have waited to eat something bigger.

2: I really wanted an oatmeal raisin cookie today. I don't even love them, I just have them. I was even telling myself that it is not even a sweet- it is practically bread:). But I decided to stick to my plan. I ate a big chunk of whole grain bread dipped in olive oil and basil instead. It was delicious.

3: Passing up on the cake at graduation was not as hard as passing up the chocolates I bought for graduation presents. They are so yummy. I kept thinking it would be okay if I cheated as long as I wrote it down. But I decided not to since self control is good to practice.

4: Cheated today. Debbie and I were on the road and I was hungry. We had a healthy lunch, but snickers for snack. I did pass on the incredible Lindt dark chocolate ball though.

It reminded me of the time I gave up sweets for the month and found the fig newtons you had surprised me with in the fridge. That little accented voice in my head said, "it's not a cookie, it's a newton."

So, there we have it. Although my tolerance for sweets has gone down over the years, I like my dark chocolates. Yeah, and apparantly I even like Snickers and oatmeal raisin cookies when I can't have them:).

2 comments:

3LandSemeur said...

Why did I never comment on this? I know I read it. Oh, Sis, thanks for this post. I'm laughing out loud here, and I need it. Can't believe you cheated on a Snickers but not Lindt. Priorities, Sis! ;)

Ashley said...

Dude- totally was offered the Snickers BEFORE the Lindt or that would have been a no brainer!