Not just you and me! I am talking about God's people. I remember the words that you spoke to me last year. I was discouraged for standing out so much because of some of the ways that God leads. You told me that Light shines in darkness. Of course, I will stand out. That is what Light does. It shines. I was happy when you spoke that to me and remind myself on occasion.
On Sunday, Alex was preaching on this very subject. I thanked him afterward. He spoke that being a Christian is to be holy or set apart. Being set apart means being different and that means sometimes down right peculiar to those around us. But then again, He did tell us to stand out so that others would see that we are different and want what we have. To be different- to not argue or complain so that we shine like the stars in the universe, to not take vengence but to leave vengence to God, to forgive our enemies, to continue to do good when we suffer unjustly, to LOVE, to be pure (that includes no sex before marriage), to stay away from evil, to not judge. The list goes on.
Anyway, I was writing my Intrapartum paper. I was looking for a word similar to, but a little different than, "superior" or "better". The thesarus gave me the word "special." I was delighted that the word "special" is somewhat synonymous to superior as I often feel very inferior for my differences. The world may tell us we are inferior, but truthfully it is superior to be God's children. The Light of the world. So I looked at the word special and it said- exclusive, unusual, extraordinary, unique, distinctive, individual, out of the ordinary, exceptional." How is that for inferior?! We are set apart for God and that is a good thing. So, instead of being down, discouraged, or even frustrated for being different, we can be so glad that our differences are not because we are inferior, but actually we are of the redeemed. Yes, we are God's children... We are SPECIAL. And that is the TRUTH!
Happy 4th of July, Sis!
13 years ago

2 comments:
Yes and amen. I love when my pastor or Bible teacher or friend "preaches" on the things that the Lord Himself is already speaking to me. So yay, Alex!
Thanks for sharing. I'm sure that you often feel out of place as you're surrounded by many who see things much differently than you do--not just Christianity, but life and birth and the why's and how's of it all.
Continue to let the Lord shape you. The Message says to let others see our God colors in Matthew (let our light so shine before men). Yes, yes, yes.
Oh, and speaking of colors, I was impressed right away with your site! Pretty pastels. Ooh.
Ah, shucks! The photographer is here, and he just called my name and snapped my picture. Thankfully he did a re-take b/c I wasn't smiling the first time. You know how my "natural" photos come out--always with a face of some sort.
Oops, that's the bell. Time for my next student. Got to go. Thanks for writing...
love you, Annie
Isaiah 60
The Future Glory of Israel
1(A) Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and(B) the glory of the LORD has risen upon you.
2For behold, darkness shall cover the earth,
and thick darkness the peoples;
but the LORD will arise upon you,
and his glory will be seen upon you.
3(C) And nations shall come to your light,
and kings to the brightness of your rising.
4(D) Lift up your eyes all around, and see;
they all gather together, they come to you;
(E) your sons shall come from afar,
and your daughters shall be carried on the hip.
5Then you shall see and(F) be radiant;
your heart shall thrill and exult,[a]
because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you,
(G) the wealth of the nations shall come to you.
6A multitude of camels shall cover you,
the young camels of(H) Midian and(I) Ephah;
all those from(J) Sheba shall come.
(K) They shall bring gold and frankincense,
and shall bring good news, the praises of the LORD.
7All the flocks of(L) Kedar shall be gathered to you;
the rams of(M) Nebaioth shall minister to you;
(N) they shall come up with acceptance on my altar,
(O) and I will beautify my beautiful house.
8Who are these that fly like a cloud,
and(P) like doves to their windows?
9For(Q) the coastlands shall hope for me,
(R) the ships of Tarshish first,
(S) to bring your children from afar,
their silver and gold with them,
for the name of the LORD your God,
and for the Holy One of Israel,
because(T) he has made you beautiful.
10(U) Foreigners shall build up your walls,
and their kings shall minister to you;
for in my wrath I struck you,
but in my favor I have had mercy on you.
11(V) Your gates shall be open continually;
day and night they shall not be shut,
that people may bring to you the wealth of the nations,
with their kings led in procession.
12(W) For the nation and kingdom
that will not serve you shall perish;
those nations shall be utterly laid waste.
13(X) The glory of Lebanon shall come to you,
the cypress, the plane, and(Y) the pine,
to beautify the place of my sanctuary,
and I will make the place of my feet glorious.
14(Z) The sons of those who afflicted you
shall come bending low to you,
(AA) and all who despised you
shall bow down at your feet;
(AB) they shall call you the City of the LORD,
the Zion of the Holy One of Israel.
15(AC) Whereas you have been forsaken and hated,
with no one passing through,
(AD) I will make you majestic forever,
a joy from age to age.
16(AE) You shall suck the milk of nations;
you shall nurse at the breast of kings;
and you shall know that(AF) I, the LORD, am your Savior
and your Redeemer,(AG) the Mighty One of Jacob.
17Instead of bronze I will bring gold,
and instead of iron I will bring silver;
instead of wood, bronze,
instead of stones, iron.
I will make your overseers peace
(AH) and your taskmasters righteousness.
18(AI) Violence shall no more be heard in your land,
devastation or destruction within your borders;
(AJ) you shall call your walls Salvation,
and your gates Praise.
19(AK) The sun shall be no more
your light by day,
nor for brightness shall the moon
give you light;[b]
but the LORD will be your everlasting light,
and your God will be your glory.[c]
20Your sun shall no more go down,
nor your moon withdraw itself;
for the LORD will be your everlasting light,
and(AL) your days of mourning shall be ended.
21(AM) Your people shall all be righteous;
(AN) they shall possess the land forever,
(AO) the branch of my planting, the work of my hands,
that I might be glorified.[d]
22(AP) The least one shall become a clan,
and the smallest one a mighty nation;
(AQ) I am the LORD;
in its time I will hasten it.
The Word of the Lord...
Post a Comment