Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We like to Laugh

My classmates, that is. Yes, so does our family and you and me. I just wanted to tell you about a couple of the laughs we have had the past week. Our Intrapartum teacher, also one of the midwives downstairs, loves her dogs. She talks about them often and we give her a hard time about that. Today in class our teacher was flying through the lecture. There was no way we could process the information much less get it down on paper. I had just scooted in from downstairs at a birth. So, I was extra frazzled. So, she was telling us to hurry so she could put up the next slide. So, I was like, "come on, somebody ask her a question" out loud for her and the class to hear. Then my classmate asked her, "so, how are you dogs?" It was funny. I think you had to be there now that I wrote this. You have a good imagination. You can imagine that it was funny, right? Okay, how about this one. Last week during Practicum class we were learning about deep tendon reflexes. Our teacher was showing us where to find the refelxes. So, during our ten minute break a few of us went into the library. I was standing next to Kristen and she asked if I wanted to practice the reflexes. Sure! So, I did the one we already know- you know the knee where your leg pops up. Then I tried the "new" ones on the arm. The one on the tricep was not working out for me. So, on my third try I put a little force into it partly out of effort and I think partly out of frustration. Next thing I know I am karote chopping Kristen! It was pretty hard too. She looked surprised then we started laughing so hard. I was apologizing through laughter. She said I did not leave a mark so that is good. Probably had to be there for that one too. So, we have fun and we like to laugh!

1 comment:

3LandSemeur said...

Oh, I like hearing about the funny things. I can imagine. ;) We like to laugh, too. I'm trying to think about some things we laugh about, but of course nothing's coming to mind. I'll post something later when I think of it!